There are so many excuses why not to meditate, ‘too busy, too tired, too boring, takes too long.’ etc etc. So, I am here to tell you why you should move past all of those excuses and do it anyway!
Meditation is so good for you!
- Reduces Stress
- Manages Anxiety and Depression
- Keeps you focused with less scattered thoughts
- Helps with learning, memory and productivity
- Calms the nervous system down which will help with other systems of your body such as your immune system.
Meditation is like rebooting a computer. It allows all unnecessary applications and browsers ( thoughts and worries) to close and restart feeling fresh and focused. Watch the video below to hear about this more.
If you are meditating without any guidance, here are some tips,
- Focus on your breathing. It will help you to clear your mind and relax into meditation
- Focus on different parts of your body. Start with your toes and move to your ankles and knees etc. move through your whole body. By focusing on each body part, you are becoming more connected to you body, feeling more present and clearing all your thought.
- Visualise a colour. Maybe a blue or maybe your favourite colour. This colour should feel very positive. And then exhale a negative colour. Maybe a dark colour or hazy, murky colour.
- Visualise a certain part of your body healing. I good tip is to imagine a little pac man gobbling up the discomfort or disease.
Find some Guided Meditations